Monday, May 26, 2003

Dean and I took Max and went down to Corpus Christi Saturday. It was the first time in a long time that Dean and I have had the same days off. Dean actually suggested the trip a week ago. I agreed, as long as we could find a kennel or someone to watch Max. That was pretty much the end of it until Saturday morning.

As usual Dean waited till the last minute to put everything together. I found a few hotels that accepted pets around 10 in the morning and bookmarked it, but by the time he crawled out of bed most of the ones that had reservations available were booked. We did manage to get a reservation at a Days Inn (which wasn't too bad). Then we rented a car and by 6 we were on the road.

Corpus has changed alot since I left in '91 but some things are still the same. Lots of construction, strip malls. They still haven't finished the causway out to Padre Island. The Hidden Door is still the only gay bar in town. There are a couple of girl bars, but...

All in all though it was a pretty good weekend. Dean and I went to the Hidden Door Saturday night (I drove by it twice). We played a couple of games of darts. Sunday we checked out of the hotel and went to the beach for awhile. Max loved the dunes but hated the water. Then headed back to Austin.

No comments: